Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jacked.

Right in front of my eyes, last night.  One girl seems to have, quite literally, taken a tip jar off the bar top.  Another two literally emptied a jar right in front of my face.

I don't know what I was doing that I couldn't see the jars.  Actually, yes I do.  I was taking care of people on a part of the bar that completely blocked out the jars.

But still.  How did I let that happen?  How did WE let that happen?  

This probably cost me about 60.00 - and cost all of us who work for and off those tips - about 200.00.  

Chump change?  Perhaps.  But not to the bar back, who works for 10% of our tips - or the busser, who works for 2%.  

My inattention to detail cost everyone money.  

That's a lot more upsetting than the money I cost myself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is awful. I served my fair share of beers in my twenties and we used to fund a 'dine n' dash' funds so that if something like this happened no one really "lost".... on another more positive note this blog is GORGEOUS... love it. Found you through Colonel...

Anonymous said...

Where are you??? Waiting (im)patiently for new posts... hope everything is ok in your world!

Anonymous said...

great article. I would love to follow you on twitter.