Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sick. And. Tired.

Big banks will be the death of me.

Shortly after Chase bought two of my credit card accounts, closed them and skyrocketed the interest rate on one I thought Bank of America would be my saving grace in terms of Banks To Do Business With.  Hell, I have two credit cards and a mortgage with them as well as Checking, Savings and Student Loans - surely they will realize the value of my business and won't give me the shaft.

Enter: now.  With my new job and (finally!) increased income I'm ready to really begin paying off my credit cards - my focus in particular is to improve my credit/debt ratio to bump my credit score up.  So I put 800.00 towards my Bank of America card and LO and FUCKING behold..  

I check my balance today and they've REDUCED my credit limit by that 800.00.  I have, in effect, made no change to my credit/debt ratio because Bank of America decided to reduce the credit limit I have had for 5 years and have paid on time, every time.

So.  The time has come to move to another bank.  Preferably a smaller one - probably a credit union, in fact.  Maybe then I will find some sort of CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Until then, I will work to get completely OUT of debt.  I haven't used a credit card in almost a year - I've proven I can live without credit lines completely.  That's my strategy for the future - regardless of what happens economically, if I don't owe anyone anything, no one has any power over me.


2 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

Haven't used a credit card in 10 years, I am so happy

Circus Life said...

grrrrr bank of america is TERRRRRRRIBLE. long time no me read blogs!!! hope you're well!