Friday, July 17, 2009

The Payday Phenomenon

I don't know much about other economies, but I have to say that the economy in my town is probably unique to any other in the United States.
 
You see, we're the biggest military town in the world.  And everyone gets paid on the same days - the 1st and the 15th.
 
During PayWeek (either the first or fifteenth), we are the busiest city in the world.  For instance, the mall just opened and I saw a stream of people going in and out (on a weekday morning, to top it all off).  Next week at this time I'll hear crickets.
 
Seriously, people here spend all of their money in one week - and then do nothing the next week - and then spend it all again the week after.
 
Wild, eh?

3 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

I get paid every other, and wife gets paid on the opposite weeks, nice huh?

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Party for a week and then rest, and then do it all over again! haha. Like I could keep up for a week! I'd spend it all in one day at that dam Walmart!

Parad0x said...

Malach - your pay schedule sounds ideal. One thing I like about my job is getting paid at the end of every night.

Breathe - Walmart is definitely a money-suck! They have everything a soul could possibly want! The only thing worse for me than Wally world is Ikea!