Thursday, July 2, 2009

A Thief!?!

Apparently my douchebag bar manager thinks I'm stealing money from the bar.
 
Why?  Because two days this month our bar sales numbers were low - yet my tips were strong.  Since I've been bartending, I've typically averaged 23-28% of sales in tip.  So if we sell $1000.00, I'll make $280.  Well, Monday was dead - we sold 1550 - and I made $427.00.  When I say 'I', I mean 'we.'  We split our tips based on the hours we were scheduled to work.
 
So what the fuck? 
 
Apparently, HE doesn't get tipped that way so I must be stealing.  Bullshit.  Garbage.  Crap and Dogfuck. 
 
The worst part of all this is that I can't disprove his theory.  Paranoia like that will always stick around - even in six months when he's still found nothing.  And then some busy night in the future I'll forget to ring a beer in and POOF!  All his paranoia has been PROVEN and he was right all along!
 
Bastard.

2 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

Buy your own bar! If he keeps his books well, he should be able to figure that out on his own.

Sigh said...

How insulting! This bar manager deserves to lose you as an employee of his establishment!

I once worked in a bar that put a camera in the office where we counted tips and kept money etc... without telling everyone - Not only did he not trust his staff which sucks but many employees used that office to change in or out of their work clothes. ugh