Friday, May 9, 2008

A Snag

So I invited girl out to my best friend's birthday party at his dad's bar.  Now, when I say bar I don't mean your local dive.  I mean this place generates millionnnnnssssss in revenue - millions.  And it just so happens that I'm very close with the people that run it - family close. 
 
So it goes without saying that I wouldn't invite just ANYone out with me. 
 
Anyway, girl says she'll come but the day of says she can't make it.  Finals the next morning.  And I'm fine with that. 
 
And then the text.  "Having fun?"  Yes, I reply - how's studying going.
 
"I went out to such and such bar with a friend.  Just for an hour."
 
What can I say but okay?  I hope beyond hope all night that the girl is smart enough to make an appearance at my best friend's party.  Unfortunately, she was not.
 
So, says I: "Best friend's birthday.  I'm undeniably hurt that you couldn't make an appearance.  If you're making some sort of point consider it received.  I don't invite just anyone to spend time with my family.  Good night."
 
And a slew of apology texts follow.
 
Now normally I just end it right here.  I have one rule - never do to me what I wouldn't ever do to you.  And this qualified as one of those things. 
 
Now, most girls aren't able to apologize enough for me to get over the fact that they shafted me.  This one may have.  So fast forward to a day later (aka - last night).
 
We meet up at a bar and hang out with her friends.  I'm beat from last night so I decide to leave.  She walks me out to my car and apologizes again and tells me how much she likes me and how attracted she is to me and how she's used to guys being douchebags and I'm different...  etc.
 
Followed by:  "I'm moving to Miami soon so I don't want to get too attached."
 
Now I'm not sure if I even want to bother with the girl anymore.  She so busy not getting attached that she's spending zero time with me.
 
So what if she's stunning? 

1 comment:

Malach the Merciless said...

If you tie her up in the hole in the basement, she can't leave