Monday, February 9, 2009

What a Weekend

I spent the weekend in Austin with a VIP in our area while we both waited for my girlfriend and HIS girlfriend to finish up at a conference they were attending.
 
We toured the capitol, walked around Congress and took in the experience that is Austin.  I'm not used to the Austin area during daylight, so it was a very nice experience.  And listening to this (much older) guy was captivating - he does a lot of work with missile defense and such things for the military, and his job has taken him all around the world.
 
We had experiences in Europe in common - I was born and raised in Germany, and during the first half of my life visited Spain, France, Italy, Holland...  all but the EB countries - but when he spoke of Israel and Lebanon and Jerusalem, I was absolutely astounded.  It was nice to get a take on the world from someone with so much more life experience than me.
 
Afterwards we visited one of the top 10 steakhouses in Texas -- and completely on a whim.  The place we'd planned to eat had an hour wait so I, in a fit of genius, decided we should walk down 5th street and find a place that looked nice.  So we picked Eddie V's Steakhouse.  I should have known it would be expensive when I saw the valet outside, but man...  the 125 tab for two entrees, a side item and a drink ended up being totally worth it.  The blue's singer made the night perfect...
 
Which led to debauchery on 6th street.  Girl went out looking absolutely ravishing, as always.  Many and multifarious were the comments made in her direction - something I enjoy immensely, though I know several dudes who get mad when other guys look at their girls.  My motto -- if I didn't want my girl to be noticed, I wouldn't date a beautiful girl --  can't complain if others notice her!
 
Anyway, VIP paid for me and girl's hotel room in a posh little place where tons of people were staying for an Asian Commerce meeting... 
 
And after a helluva hangover, I went to work and made a few hundred dollars in 7 hours.
 
That's the best way to cap a day off! 

2 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

Sounds like a good time

Circus Life said...

dude...older guys are SO underrated. I LOVE life stories....we can learn so much from others. Think how much you know about the world...now double it. Guys who are in their forties know all THAT stuff too!!!