Tuesday, February 5, 2008

So get this...

I got laid off, right?

So I registered for school full-time++ (21 credit hours).

Because of this I may be denied unemployment benefits.

I know people who did nothing for six months while receiving benefits (who, coincidentally, were fired for misconduct - which means they should have automatically been ineligible for UI benefits.  They were asked absolutely no questions.  I know because I lived with 'em.)

If I don't receive benefits I will not pay a dime in Federal Tax that hasn't already been paid.  Nor will I pay next year - nor the year after.  If I don't get these benefits I'll lose everything.  If the government lets that happen (Federal or State) they can go fuck themselves.

"But UI benefits are a state issue, Parad0x."  Yes, but my state doesn't have a state income tax - so Fed is the only way to go.  Plus, the fed provides funding for UI so either way...

Man, I'm so pissed.  I lose a great job and try to better myself (on my OWN dime - the semester started 4 days before my layoff, so the state won't pay for any of this semester) and I get fucked.

Brilliant.

3 comments:

Parad0x said...

Ridiculous, eh?

What's funny is that this actually started out as a "delay" in processing. The nice lady on the phone said my first claim date had been moved back two weeks.

I said: "You know, that's going to make it really hard to survive."

She said: "I understand sir."

[Dead silence]

Ridiculous, man. Ridiculous.

Counsellor in Cultivation said...

way for our government to encourage higher education, eh?

Pope Benedict XVI said...

You should join the seminary, yes you should