Sunday, February 3, 2008

So I started at a bar...

...and it's a blasty blast.  Don't get it twisted, I'm not a cool kid yet - just a bar back.  But when it comes to tipout at the end of the night I do just fucking fine. 

Actually, it's really a good time.  I bust my fucking asssssss but I get to flirt with pretty girls all night long and I get a few numbers at the end of the night (okay, just last night - don't get carried away).

I have a feeling I have a better opportunity to bartend than a lot of the other dudes there.  We had a grueling, hour-long boring meeting where (at the end) the boss told everyone how "chill" I am and how I "have that look and that vibe."  That look and that vibe that brings the ladies in?  Cool.  Gimme a bar.

I'll be honest though - I've never been this sore in my life.  On my feet for 9 hours straight (yeah, we don't get out of there til 5 fucking a fucking em) and it's a killer.  Much different than the desk job I had two weeks ago where I sat on my ass hating myself.  I will say I've lost some weight already - probably a little to do with the improved diet and going back to the gym.  I'm surprised I haven't succumbed to the temptation to drink behind the bar each night - talk about something that'll ruin my "diet."

Anyway, Tahoe is three days away (four including today) and then Ruidosa Febr'ary 21-25.  Some might say I'm psyched.  Others might say I'm jazzed.  Whatev.  Bring on the fucking powder!

Bonus points if you count how many times I used the word "fuck" - regardless of the tense.


2 comments:

Mike said...

Congrats on the bar gig and even more congrats on the Tahoe trip.

Bartending is the way to go--when you are young.

Malach the Merciless said...

Wow, Bartender, you could move up to maybe Bouncer?