Thursday, January 31, 2008

Boarding in a Week

So - to Tahoe next week.  Stoked.  Super-like.
 
Yesterday, in preparation for this trip, me and a couple buddies drove to a nice gear shop an hour away.  After rummaging and finding the gear I wanted (super sweet jacket/pants/lid - PS: Yes, I wear a lid.  Ever since I touched my skull after a bad bike wreck I wear a lid for anything that might crunch my dome.) I go to the counter and ring up about four hundred dollars worth of shwag.
 
I reach for my wallet to grab my debit card - and my heart plunges in to my colon.  I left my damn debit card in the ATM.  And I drove an hour each way to get this gear.  Wow.
 
So now I have to go pick this gear up later - AND I have to wait a week for my new debit card - which may mean no card in Tahoe.  Which would, like, seriously super totally rad suck balls.
 
And stuff.
 
Unfortunately, this isn't the only recent example of my sketchy memory.  In the past week I've done everything from leaving my car keys in a golf cart (friend was driving, so I didn't notice til we got back to his house) to leaving my cell phone at my parents' house - an hour away.
 
Time to bust out with some Ginseng.  Or maybe Jagermeister. 

4 comments:

Mike said...

Go with the Jager. If it doesn't work, you won't care.

Malach the Merciless said...

Apply for disability and then the state will give you people to remember things

Counsellor in Cultivation said...

go with jager. and i love how you say things like "lid" and "crunch my dome."

Parad0x said...

Funny thing - I'm visiting my mom and she just handed me a huge bottle of Jager.

Lollers CiC - aren't I just so hiptastic? ;)