Saturday, January 5, 2008

Backwards?

Sunday  nights are generally my "can't sleep" night.  I suppose this is because Monday's around the corner and I have the whole week ahead of me to think about - so I do.  I think and think for hours until I finally randomly fall asleep.  You can imagine this makes for crappy Mondays - but Mondays already suck so I guess the point is moo.
 
Anyway, I told you that for no reason because this particular thinking train was on last night - but hey, the more you know right?
 
It seems I'm regressing. 
 
See, two years ago I'd never had a drink, smoked, popped a pill...  nothing at all.  This was totally against my "personality" at the time.
 
Instead I bought a house, got engaged and raised my now-ex-fiancee's kid - and I thought I was happy.  I wasn't.  I was... content, I suppose, with this "adult" life I'd built while I was still essentially a kid.
 
Now I'm going the other direction - the older I get the more responsibilities I get rid of.  The more I become a carefree, careless kid.  I smoke (not tobacco), I drink, I party - I've got a cool ass group of friends (kinda highschool-ish, but we're the "cool kids" around town.  Mostly thanks to our connections with the alcohol supply in this town, but that's another story altogether).
 
So in a sense I guess I'm one of the luckiest people alive.  Because you know, grown-ups always tell me how they sometimes wish they could get rid of all their responsibilities and be a kid again.
 
And I get to do that now.
 
In other news, even though the people of Ruidoso, New Mexico lack the ability to spell they do seem to have some pretty sweet slopage.  Looks like I'm headed there a few weeks after boarding at Lake Tahoe.
 
Man, this year is going to be fucking amazing.