Sunday, March 9, 2008

Bar Flirting

Is a bit different than flirting anywhere else. Having now been on both sides of the floor, I feel I can safely say it's a lot easier to flirt on the alcohol side. But it's a different kind of flirting. Much more.. temporary.

For instance:

I took a few trips from our cooler to my bar (on the other side of the building - this bar is a big, big place) and noticed a girl staring at me just on the edge of the dance floor every time I walked by. I took a look and *bam* - this girl is exactly my type. "Shorty right there was a 10." So, to make sure I wasn't imagining, I made a few "extra" trips for beer I didn't really need and sure enough, every time I walked by she'd stare - so I started staring back and smiling and winking and blah blah blah. Anyways, I introduced myself, and Christ if she wasn't just about the cutest thing I'd ever seen. She got really giddy and smiley, you know? So naturally I thought I was in. Well, we chatted a bit and I walked off, back to work - and for the rest of the night we played this staring and across-the-bar flirting game.

Next day, she shows up again. I walk up to her later in the night to talk to her - and she acts like none of that had ever happened. And then I met her boyfriend.

Go figure, eh?

7 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

Weemun are insane, dat's wut I figger

Mike said...

Ain't that just the way it always goes?

Anonymous said...

Aww flirting is good for the soul. I have always done it, whether in a relationship or not and I never mind if anyone I am with does it either. Such fun!

But poor you! Just enjoy flirting for what it is. It should make you feel good not necessary be a promise of anything!!!

Parad0x said...

Malach - Yes, they are.

Mike - Yes, it is.

Reluctant - Yes, you're right. Especially at a bar. I love flirting anyway - so from now on I'll just roll with it ;)

LawSchoolBlogger said...

Argh!
Hmmm...and then you have to do that thing where you go back and think, was she really eye flirting with me, or was I just imagining it all?

Parad0x said...

What's up LSB? Yessir - that's why I did some testing. But you never really know.

Spicy Law Girl said...

Good use of the song lyric.