Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Most Vindictive Person Alive

I am the most vindictive person alive. And I can prove it.

I visited WalMart (the WorstplaceManevercreated) and at the checkout got to experience a rude cashier. When I walked to the card-takin'-mo'chine it politely asked me if my cashier had greeted me.

She hadn't.

I said she had.

Then I said hello to HER and explained that because I had said she'd greeted me, I had to make it happen. Elsewise I'd be a liar.

She just half-smiled and kept ringing me up.

After all was said and done she pulled my receipt and I asked her to put it in one of my bags. She just stared at me. When I grabbed the receipt from her, she reached down to her carousel to open a single bag up, making it easier to put the next customer's stuff in.

As I walked off, I looked at her and stopped. Staring at her all the while, I grabbed the carousel and turned it so the bag faced me - the furthest possible point from her I could find.

I just smiled and walked off.

+1 for the consumer.

2 comments:

Forrest Proper said...

The fact that she's working as a Wal*Mart cashier and you're not is probably the best revenge.

But don't get me started- the rudeness of most store cashiers these days boggles my mind. I've always said "thank you" at the conclusion of checkout, and now all these assholes reply, if they reply at all, with "no problem".

WTF???

YOU just got money from ME. I would hope that's "no (fucking) problem", FUCKHEAD. If you are watching the news and there's a story about a customer snapping and beating a cashier to death with a shopping bag somewhere in Massachusetts, that's probably me.

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.