Monday, April 21, 2008

What a blasty blast I had last night...

I took a new girl - let's call her J - out to Austin last night.
 
I love ATX on Sundays.  The bars are almost dead quiet, so the bartenders can take more time on the drinks.  Which usually means better drinks.  Plus, I can bullshit about working at a bar and, while it doesn't always do me any good drinkwise, bullshitting is always fun.
 
We hit a bunch of the smaller bars and J got a few free shots out of the staff.  I guess I wasn't cute enough for those guys though, because I didn't get crap.  Oh well - they saved us a little money  ;)  I'd say they saved ME a little money but she was more than happy to buy rounds of shots and, well, who am I to refuse?
 
The second to last bar we hit was jamming with three bands.  So we hit the upstairs and listened to this guy solo jam on his electric guitar.  The dude was seriously, seriously rockin'.  I bought us all a few rounds and listened to the grooviness.  Groovy.
 
Anyway, hit my friend's bar and ended up at her casa watching Juno.  I kinda invited myself this time - not normal - so I felt bad and decided to leave around 5.  Got home an hour later and J and I crashed out.  A little making out and kissing and rubbing and more kissing (she has amaaaaazing, full lips.  yum.) and then sleep.  Until noon. 
 
Then... hangover city.  :)
 
In other news, B (remember the seven day relationship?) told my best friend's wife her side of the story.  Apparently, she was going to call and explain and apologize for being so, as she says, "unintentionally rude" but I called her first and broke it off.
 
I simply lack patience for these kind of things.  Perhaps I'll soon find that's something I need to change about myself, but for now it's who I am.

4 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

Nice rebound!

Parad0x said...

Call me Tim Duncan ;)

Mike said...

Ahhhh....to be young and single again. Enjoy both while you can buddy.

Unknown said...

I love Austin!!!!!