Monday, October 26, 2009

The Day After My Birthday

...today was a train wreck.
 
Girl was scheduled to fly out today at 7:00 am - we got a hotel fifteen minutes from the airport to ensure she could make it on time - and we missed the flight.  Then, on my way home, I got a flat tire.  On the highway.  In the driving rain. 
 
It gets worse.
 
I lost my wallet last week, and spent all the cash I had on hand during my birthday.  And my gas gauge hit empty.  I got to a gas station and - get this - it took me an HOUR and FORTY FIVE MINUTES to find someone who would help me out with five dollars to get home!  I don't blame them, I guess - I was dressed in sweat pants, a black wife beater and a beanie - and was SOAKED, thanks to the tire change.  I looked every bit the bum. 
 
Then, with five dollars in my gas tank (I drive a V8 and had a fifty mile drive home) I got stuck on the interstate behind traffic.  Unfortunately, it seemed someone had a worse day than me, because there was a car crushed Final Destination style by wood that had apparently fallen off a freight truck.  So I feel worse for them than for me - but it was hell driving fifty miles on five dollars - I barely made it.
 
Anyway, the birthday weekend itself was awesome.
 
Oh, and MALACH!  I STARTED A BAR FIGHT, PER YOUR SUGGESTION!
 
Well, I didn't start it.  I did, however, finish it!
 
So happy 24 to me!  And happy early Bday to Counsellor/BigTopWorld!
 
 

2 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

BEHOLD THE POWER OF MALACH!

Anonymous said...

a bartender in a barfight? Isn't that against the rules of every single thing on earth? !! lol, kidding!

Oh and happy birthday!!