Sunday, October 18, 2009

I thought slavery had been outlawed...

... And then I became a bartender.  

Listen, bars have been around for a long time and tipping is not a new concept.  There is no longer an excuse for consistently leaving  absolutely nothing.  You didn't know?  You've been here ten times.

Further, don't ask for a stronger drink.  You got a fair pour and you didn't even deserve that.  No, you cheap fuck, you can't have more.  No, I won't "hook you up".  You've never seen me before but other bartenders usually give you more?  I've been here four days a week and have never seen your scrub ass so fuck off.

If you don't tip, don't be surprised when you're the last of twenty to get served.  I'm here to make money.  Would a mortgage broker waste time with someone they couldn't qualify?  Would a car salesman?  No.

I don't derive pleasure from assisting your intoxication.  I just like to eat.  

So this one's for you, no tippers.  May your pours be short, and may your beers be pure head.  Fuck.  You.

3 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

I don't do bars, sorry, but I tip waitstaff well

Parad0x said...

No doubt, sir.

To clarify, I'm not complaining that when I do get tipped it isn't enough. I'm grateful for every dollar. It's the 0's on twenty, thirty, forty and more that I have issues with.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)