Monday, January 18, 2010

Remembering the Positive

This weekend was one of the most painful experiences I've ever experienced.  Breaking up with someone I love because I can see (and have seen for so very long) how miserable we are, regardless of the feelings we have for one another, was an awful and gut-wrenching process.
 
Of all the thoughts running through my head, though, I try my hardest to focus on what was so great about the beautiful brunette I met on July 4, 2008 and with whom I built a relationship truly built on unconditional love and trust.
 
I was blessed to meet this unjaded girl with a beautiful and loving heart.  She truly believed in giving all of her heart without worrying about the consequences.  When we found each other, she made it so perfectly clear that she was willing to love me with everything she had - and all that she asked in return was that I be careful with her love.
 
For over a year and a half I travelled through life with her.  Man, what a ride.  We had such fun and learned so much together about the world and what it really means to give yourself to someone else completely. 
 
It's sad that life was finally able to catch up to us - that the hard times were too hard for us to ride out.  But was it ever worth the trip.  The joy far outweighs the pain that this end has wrought.
 
She is so stunning inside and out - such a beautiful physical and spiritual specimen - and I don't know that anyone deserves to meet more than one woman like her in a lifetime.
 
But I know that I'll never settle for less than an unjaded girl with a beautiful and loving heart. 
 
And I know that I'm so very thankful for having had her in my life.

1 comment:

Malach the Merciless said...

It is right, trust me on this one.