Thursday, January 14, 2010

We're going down... and you can see it, too

All is not well.
 
Girl and I seem to be on the brink.  Several months ago she began a new job which required her to leave for an extended period of time - but that isn't the real issue.  Trouble started months before that, with something simple;  we just became less interested in one another.
 
Sex has gone downhill - from 3 times a day to nearly never.  Little comments are signalling the end - the other night, for instance, I asked her playfully if she loved me.  Her reply - "How can I be in love with someone I never see?" 
 
She denies that she said this now.  How she could forget, I don't know - we weren't at all intoxicated at the time.
 
Today, she asked me why I was being so needy.  Let me note that I am not the needy kind, so little so that she used to complain that I seemed to have no feelings - so this statement was particularly striking.  She asked me why I was with her, if I was so unhappy - though I never said I was.
 
I feel like this may mark the end.  We're both in a time of transition - I'm trying to move out of the area;  she just started a great new job;  now might be the time to close the doors on what has been a fantastic relationship...  before things turn regretably sour.

1 comment:

Malach the Merciless said...

Sorry to hear that, life goes on