Monday, June 9, 2008

Man I wish I'd hurry up and fix my laptop

Excuse the long absence - I haven't had steady access to a computer in who knows how long.  Hint to all Microsoft users: Never authorize automatic updates.
 
Anyway, lots has changed for me.  I left the bar and started working at a brand new restaurant in my area serving tables.  I've never served in my life but I'm catching on pretty quickly.  With any luck I'll be back behind the bar in a few months - but until then I'm making damn good money doing what I'm doing. 
 
In other news I'm moving back in the house I was going to sell.  One more person is moving in - my best friend, previously referred to as Bartender.  He has a few friends who are going to install hardwood throughout my house for 500.00 - and they get a huge discount on the materials.  We've already painted the place absolutely sick colors - so once the flooring is done it's party time.  Expect some rad stories on this blog in the near future.
 
As for Bar Girl, that chapter is temporarily closed.  We hung out a couple more times after my last post and had a blast.  She spent a lot of time talking about her ex, though - like I said, she dated him from sixteen to twenty - and I suspect she might have moved back in his direction.
 
Seriously - she doesn't come out anymore and her MySpace is deleted, so what else am I to think?
 
Since then, no new prospects.  None that I'm interested in, anyway.  I've always been pretty picky, but since Bar Girl started hitting on me my pickiness has become tenfold.
 
Gotta keep the confidence from turning to cocky though.  I've heard arrogance is pretty unattractive.
 
Still trekking though.  Still trekking.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Microsoft is the enemy of most computers. I think the get kick-backs from computer manufacturers.

Mybrid said...

One day when you meet the right girl, you'll be totally shocked that she's nothing like what you imagined.

Just a warning.

Malach the Merciless said...

Microsoft is like fossil fuels