Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So much time together..

Girl and I decided today that we were going to work on spending some time apart.  We spend almost every minute together and it's having a small impact on our lives - for instance, instead of cleaning my carpet we got together, rented a DVD and smoked.
 
So we're going to work on focusing on our own lives instead of basing our lives around those of one another.
 
This is a good thing, I'm sure, but it seems a bit backwards.  We've been so infatuated with one another up to now that I wonder what this time apart is really going to do.  Is it going to be an out-of-sight, out-of-mind thing?  For her?  For me?  This is the first serious relationship I've had in a while and I admit I'm a bit worried about destroying it so quickly, especially since this girl is so amazing.  Maybe I'm being young and naive in even caring about this.  I mean, I'm still 22 (almost 23) and the chances of this turning in to anything of particular permanence is slim to none... 
 
Even moreso, I'm probably being naive and overthinking the entire situation.  I should just let it ride and see what happens.
 
Among other stressors is Roommate.  I'm going to sit him down when next I see him and explain that rent is due on the first.  If he can't do that, he'll need to find a new place to stay.  Paying his rent over time is ridiculous and is costing me a lot of money.
 
Blah.  Life is annoying.

3 comments:

Malach the Merciless said...

You only live once, do what you want

Parad0x said...

I'm quite sure I'll live at least two more times. Perhaps once as a cow and once more as a fly. :)

Counsellor in Cultivation said...

ouch. it is so so so annoyingly hard to pull yourself away from someone that you are so crazy about. it hurts and it hurts more to know that it is for the best.