Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We Got a Braaand Neewww Preeeesident...

Sung to the tune of the country song, "Brand New Girlfriend."

How have things been with you, dear reader?  You're doing well you say?  Good to hear.  What's that?  You're curious as to how Girl and I are doing?  Well...

I don't post about her often because I suffer from closet superstition.  You know when you're watching a ball game and it comes down to a final, critical field goal and the sportscaster begins talking about the kicker's strong leg and accuracy and how he's sure to make the kick and the ball is snapped, the QB sets the ball, the kicker belts it one and it looks like it's right on and ...  it misses a foot left?

Can you believe I posed that long a question to you?

Anyway, that's kinda the superstition I follow.  When you say things are going well, fate chuckles at you and throws things in a tizzy.  Yes, a tizzy.

But I will say this much and hope fate does not stir the soup of my life with her meddling finger:  we are doing very well.  Spring Break is right around the corner and we have big plans that I'm quite excited about - I've had TONS of work done to the house, which she seems quite pleased with (no, she doesn't live with me, but we can't leave this town until my house is sold, so anytime the house is improved moods improve proportionately) - and overall we're happy with one another and where our lives are going.

So here's hoping to a long, happy continued relationship.

Now....  off to sling some drinks.

Love,

xxxx

1 comment:

Circus Life said...

awww yay so happy for you! you won't jinx it...keep up the good work!