Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Floors Look Amazing... and other small updates

I finally finished the wood floors and trim in my home and ...  wow.  I'll put some pictures up in due time, as I'm relatively certain they'll do little to affect any anonymity I currently enjoy from this blog - I mean, hell, I'm already using my first name.

Work is going very well indeed.  We've opened up the nicest new bar in town with a restaurant soon to follow and I'm very excited.  I really, really feel privileged to bartend here, and I think this pays off behind the bar.  As with anything, the more content you are the more successful you are.  Oh, and the money is fucking awesome.  There, I said it.

Girl and I have been at one another's throats a bit in the last month, but we're working on this.  She's planning a move in the very near (read: days away) future and I may have lost a large bit of my current income so the stress is really, really pushing us apart.  But I feel like we're together to help one another THROUGH stress like this and I will do my best towards that end.  I love her, she loves me...  so we can do it.

School is not going so well so far.  I've missed several classes already and am behind.  I'm going to spend the next week working VERY HARD to fix this, but I'm afraid that for at least one of my classes I've lost the chance for an 'A'.  We shall see.

So.  On to read your blog to see what's going on with YOU.