Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Either I'm a genius or our media is too obvious

"Chris Benoit's toxicology report!  Steroids found!"
 
The above was the headline to a Benoit broadcast on CNN's Nancy Grace.
 
All I had to say (and I said it rather loudly - in the middle of a crowded gym) was "DUUUUUUUUUUUH!"  Are you serious?  Forgive me but aren't exclamation points supposed to imply surprise?  Are you surprised?  Because I'm not.
 
Honestly I knew how this would play out from day one.  Once I heard the news I told my friend the following:
 
  1. There will be another family murder reported within days of this incident.  It will receive minimal media attention and will in fact only serve to fill in the gap between the report of the Benoit death and the return of the toxicology report.
  2. Another wrestler is going to die.  Steroids are going to be implicated as the cause for his death.
  3. Someone in wrestling is going to say something like, "We're going to raise our standards!"  Much analysis of this statement will be done by major media.  The analysis will be pointless.
  4. The doctor who gave Benoit his steroids will be linked to several more pro wrestlers and athletes.  He will be crucified by the media.  Hw will likely serve jail time (this hasn't happened yet).
I used more casual words than those outlined above but the message is clear - either I'm psychic or the media does the same thing over and over and over and over and over.
 
Hint: I'm not psychic.
 
STUPID MEDIA PEOPLE FACES!

No comments: