Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Trapped by a Product of my own Device

It's very likely that I'm about to a learn a lesson in reaping what I sow.
 
There's a position open at my company that I've wanted for a long time.  In fact last time it was open I applied and interviewed for it.  At that time there was one candidate more suited to the position than I.
 
Now I'm by far the best pick for the job.
 
Unfortunately, three months ago I got in to the sort of trouble that makes one ineligible for even APPLYING for a new position.  For a year.

Did I mention this trouble occurred three months ago?  You may note that's not quite a year.
 
I'll find out Thursday whether or not I'll be allowed to apply for this position.
 
I'll keep ya posted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes me wonder what ya did man....

Parad0x said...

I called in one too many times :)

What did you IMAGINE I might have done?

Mike said...

Dang, I was hoping for something more than calling in one too many times.

They should be willing to overlook that.

Anonymous said...

Ditto Mike. I was hoping for at the very least an ass Xeroxing incident!

Sara Sue said...

LOL Kerstin! I was thinking the exact same thing!

Hope you get the job!

Anonymous said...

Geez honestly next time make something up.