Sunday, November 25, 2007

But lovin' is the hardest part...

I have absolutely no feelings for anyone.  At all.

This may not seem a monumental statement in itself - but if you knew me better you'd be entirely shocked.  See, I have typically been an in-a-relationship person.  One would scarcely find me without a cute little thing on my arm - and one would scarcely find me in any state but... dare I say?  SPRUNG on that cute little thing.

As of today, though, I have been single for nearly one year.  No relationships - none I have even CONSIDERED starting - in the past twelve months.

So I have to wonder, again, is it me?  Have I allowed myself to become so battered by "love" and what comes with it (not to imply that I have been in love with all of the girls I've dated.  I've never been that hopeless) that I refuse to deal with it now?

No, I think not.  I think the problem is women.  I can read every one of them.  I can literally "foretell" any given woman's EXACT response to any given stimulus.  So much so that my friends have become coming to me for in-depth help with their 'game'.

For instance - I gave a close friend of mine a play-by-play of what to say to a new "potential" and also told him how to respond.  For instance's instance - she said she wasn't going to come out.  I told him she'd be there in thirty.  She was.  He asked her to come downstairs to pay her cover because she didn't have any money.  I told him - "She's just testing you dude." 

He went downstairs and she said?  "I have money.  I was just testing you."

That isn't the most in-depth example I can think of - anyone with any sense would have seen what I saw - but it gets better.  Anyway, back to my relationship quandary.

I think what I'm looking for is a woman whose actions I can't anticipate to a tee.  Someone over whom I don't have the guaranteed upper hand in this game of courtship.

By the way - that's what I love about this blog.  It's about nothing in particular - truly just a place for me to rant about anything that's on my mind.  I've given myself over to the idea that I don't HAVE to have anything super-story-like to tell in order for me to post.  With that in mind, here's hoping for more posts in the future.  Anyway, back to the point of this particular post...

Any takers?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

When you find that one ... be careful ... you're going to fall HARD!

Mike said...

Yeah, what Sara Sue said.

Try your very best to remember everything you just said in this post about 20 years from now.

Parad0x said...

I'll be moving to Austin soon and I suspect I'll be on the other side of the fence soon.

Just seems all the girls around here are the same - stupid.

Here's hoping for a change!

Anonymous said...

You should do that mail order bride thing.

Counsellor in Cultivation said...

it is really impossible to find someone. i'm quite convinced.

Parad0x said...

Let's hope it's not as impossible as it seems. Because yeah, being single for the rest of my life seems kinda boring.

Forrest Proper said...

Agree with Sara Sue and Mike. It'll all turn ariound when SHE walks through the door.

WHAM!