Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I can't wait to start toking again.

I'm so fucking sick of our government classifying a harmless, non-addictive, POSSBILY helpful substance as Schedule I - on the same level as heroin, methamphetamines and crack cocaine.
 
Really?
 
I think what bothers me most about this drug war is the BLATANT lies the Government has fed in to youth programs such as DARE.  I'm sorry, but I've smoked a lot of greenery and have never wanted to commit mass homicide or jump off of buildings.  Pot mellows me out.  The worst that's ever happened?  I've fallen asleep.
 
Unfortunately we continue to oppress users of a relatively safe substance - and we oppress them moreso than users of harder and more dangerous substances.  Urinalysis for instance - THCOOHC (do I have the requisite number of Os and Hs in there?) and other metabolites of THC are fat soluble and are therefore detectable from 7 days to three months (depending on the individual in question) after use.
 
Cocaine, a water-soluble (and proven addictive) substance, is usually indetectable in urine within 3.
 
So that means urinalysis are AUTOMATICALLY skewed against users of the most harmless (and third-most used) recreational drug in existence!
 
Fuck I'm sick of it. 
 
Once I pass this pee pee test I'm lightin blunt after blunt and toking till I pass out. 
 
Fucking government.

3 comments:

Forrest Proper said...

And fuck not only the government, but all those major corporations who also make what you do in your free time their business. They could stand up to the drug nazis if they wanted to.

Parad0x said...

Exactly. Unfortunately, the government has gotten in to the pockets of corporations by giving them kick-backs for implementing "drug-free workplace" policies.

Excuse me, but since when is my HOME a workplace?

The problem with urinalysis (and other forms of testing companies use - in particular the dreaded HAIR FOLLICLE TEST.. ugh...) is that they fail to test CURRENT IMPAIRMENT - which, really, is the only thing companies have ANY business testing for.

Mike said...

I have a long history of hating and fighting drug tests at every turn. I just don't understand how someone can be punished (fired) for something they do during their free time.