Saturday, August 4, 2007

Choices..

An election year is right around the corner and we have some of the most diverse REALISTIC choices this country has ever had. A woman and African American male are finally possible candidates for president! One hundred - nay, fifty! nay, twenty! - years ago such a thing could never have been imagined.

I'm glad our country has finally progressed this far.

You know, I think I'm leaning towards Obama for this job. Not because of his "issues" or his "experience" - if anything those would be strikes against him.

I like him because he's young and he's different. I'm tired of seeing rich white guys in office. They all do the same thing. Talk. I'm interested in seeing what a rich black guy is going to do for our country.

Perhaps a bit more social reform?

Perhaps an administration that doesn't just throw MONEY at our problems?

Perhaps more effort towards peaceful relationships with the rest of the world - from the middleground. No more pure ass-kissing; no more gunning down countries we don't like.

Most will argue that he's a weak candidate due to lack of "experience." Forgive me - but what qualifies ANYONE to run the greatest country on the planet? Nothing. That's what. What people call "experience" usually refers to the time politicians have spent fucking their constituents over.

I think I'd prefer someone with less experience than I would someone who's a practiced lying prick.

Just my two hundred thousand million billion rupees.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Career politicians suck. I like the idea of a fresh face. We seem to be at some kind of cross-roads here and maybe it's time to take another road.

Parad0x said...

Indeed. To be purposely cliche - "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results."

Mybrid said...

I have a friend from Northern Ireland who'd say: "Those who want to be politicians should be disqualified up front."

Considering Bush had plenty experience, I'm not sure that experience is a good qualifier for being a leader of a nation.

Counsellor in Cultivation said...

OBAMA is awesome. we just need some fresh blood in that place. if clinton gets it, that's 20 years of a clinton or bush in the whitehouse. talk about a favorite sons regime. yuck.