Thursday, August 23, 2007

Why do I do this to Myself?

Long night last night.

I called two of my buddies to see if they want to go grab some food and we headed out to Hooters.  As it turns out, one of my buddies - who bartends (is that a word?  Firefox wants me to correct it) at a big bar in the city - knows all these girls because they come to his bar all the time.

Anyway, three pitchers in to the night we find out the Hooters girls are going out.  My buddy's off - so we go out.

Mistake.

See, I came in to work on Sunday morning HUNG OVER.  Vomiting.  Sickly.  It would be a mistake to come in hung over again, right?  And with a bartender for a friend - especially this one in particular - it's only natural to expect to get trashed.

And trashed is what I got.

We walked in to the club - no cover.  Shot after shot after shot - no charge. 

See, I've come to the conclusion that having to pay for ones drinks is sometimes good.  You know, for those rare occasions that you go out in hopes of NOT getting fucked up.  Having to spend money slows down drinking progress.

There was no such slowdown last night.  Shot.  Shot.  Hey let's go take a shot.  Shot?

And then back to my house to get even more trashed.

Here I am - writing this from work. 

FUCK.


3 comments:

Mike said...

I have a friend that is a bartender and I speak from experience when I tell you that it is a bad thing. He takes great delight in seeing me trashed to the gills. If he would have ever charged me for my drinks a.) I probably wouldn't have had so much to drink and 2.) he could retire.

Parad0x said...

Exactly. Would be a benefit to both of us if he'd just CHARGE me.

Of course I really don't want him to. I delight in getting trashed as much as he revels in seeing me trashed.

What good friend we have!

Counsellor in Cultivation said...

once i discovered that being a girl generally means drinks are free, its been a downhill uphill saving battle.