Friday, June 22, 2007

So I haven't blogged in a bit...

Busy busy busy.
 
So have you ever accidentally lied and gotten called out on it?  When you were called out did you try to correct yourself with a "what I MEANT to say was" in order to restore whatever karma you may have damaged?
 
Yeah?
 
Well fuck that.  I got caught last night and just RAN with it. 
 
Story: out with a few buddies last night I was talking about this girl.  I MEANT to say "I used to mess around with" but ACTUALLY ended up saying something totally different.  Like, I used to sleep with.  The difference was only one word - but we need not repeat the sentence.  It'll make me look like an ass.
 
In fairness I was really drunk. 
 
So he was all "No you didn't.  Otherwise you'd have told me earlier."
 
I quickly realized he was completely right.  I was cornered.  What was my next move?  I either come out and explain what I meant to say and clear the air  - all while allowing my friend a small moral victory and a moment of "Ahhhhhhh.... yeah, yeah.  Okay," smugness...
 
...or I lie.
 
"Fuck you, yes I did.  I didn't tell you because I haven't seen her forever."
 
"No you didn't."
 
"Fuck you.  Yes I did."
 
"Liar."
 
"Fuck you.  I'm not a liar."
 
Note: At this point I was lying my ass off.
 
I basically beat him in to submission with my lie.  Now the question: do I tell him the truth today?
 
Fuck it.
 
I wonder how long it'll take me to believe my own lie if I keep telling it to myself over and over and over and over.  I give it 5 more minutes.
 
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO! This is hysterical...

For the record, I TOTALLY believe you. ;)