Friday, June 8, 2007

So an update

I took half of yesterday off work so I could get some stuff caught up in a class whose first (and only) in-class meeting I'd missed. 
 
It turns out the class is actually a "working" class - as in I work in their computer lab for 6 hours a week providing PC tech support.  What?  SWEET.
 
In other news, I went to a nearby Italian restaurant by myself yesterday and as I walked in an attractive woman in her mid-twenties looked up at me and gave me a big smile.  I was seated in the booth in front of her and was going to begin conversation when she started talking on her phone - to another guy, obviously a dating prospect, about the guy she wasn't over yet. 
 
I was GOING to start a conversation until I listened to her discuss (over and over) how she still had feelings for the last guy...
 
...so when her phone call ended I just turned around, smiled and said "Back in the dating game, eh?"  She smiled back and said, "Yes, I'm afraid so.  Unfortunately."  I simply replied "Good luck," and turned back to my food.
 
Stranger still...  I noticed something about myself in the shower this morning.  APPARENTLY I've been the victim of a tragic foreskin accident.  I asked my parents about this and as it turns out this accident occured at birth.  Some zany doctor simply cut it off.
 
All I could think was, "Damn, if that doctor had been any more drunk I might have been a woman right now."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

revelations in the shower are always scary...so i try not to look too hard. :P

Mike said...

Yeah, I shower with my eyes closed these days.

Anonymous said...

21 years to figure it out?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for making Dr. Pepper come straight out of my nose.

You are one funny kid.