Tuesday, June 12, 2007

This is why I hate dating in this town

So during break in one of my classes this sexy Rican starts talking to me - telling me about her major, her life, interests...
 
Definitely feeling me.
 
So after class I start walking her to her car and we continue our conversation.  Then the magic questions pops up.  "So... how old are you?"
 
"21," I say.  I wish I had lied.
 
Her entire body slumps - I call this a "countenance droop".
 
Well, the discussion continues and until a few minutes ago I'm convinced I can still get her number.  In fact, I STILL thinkI can but I won't.
 
Because you see...  I began telling my buddy about this girl and exactly what happened to me. 
 
As it turns out, she was just over at his house the other night.
 
Yes, my friend is ALREADY talking to this "random" girl that started talking to me in my class.
 
FUCK. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait, is it because you are super young?

Parad0x said...

Yeah, she's 24.

So what? My ex (with whom I had a 2 year relationship) just turned 24.

What's the big deal?

Anonymous said...

That's odd...24 who doesn't want to date a 21 year old? Screw her...figuratively of course.

Parad0x said...

Meh - I still have a shot. She kept the conversation going when she learned my age - just a lot less eye contact, etc. ;)

But - my buddy has been trying to date her for some time now. I don't really wanna get in the middle of that.

There are 100,000 people in this town - how do I always find the one that my buddy is going after?

Damn the luck.

Anonymous said...

I'd give anything to be that young again. I just want to grab your shoulders and scream at you to LIVE.. REALLY LIVE...

Or something less creepy..

Parad0x said...

Whatcha mean?

Anonymous said...

Oh wait you own a house, okay your glory days are over.

I can like you again.

What I was saying is being that young you don't really understand the pressures of life just yet. Still in school, the entire world in front of you...

But it looks like you know the dark reality that is life at the tender age of 21. Sucks for you. I didn't find out until I was 22.

Stop reading this and go back to work.

Parad0x said...

You, ma'am, are hilarious.

Yes, I called you ma'am. No I won't take it back. Ma'am ma'am ma'am ma'am ma'am.

Yeah, I know a bit more than most my age do - but also a good bit less than my seniors, of which you are one.

I shall heretofore look to you for life's lessons.

<3

here today, gone tomorrow said...

"countenance droop" - brilliant. Oh goodness - I'm so glad I'm not in my 20s anymore...all that tension!