Friday, October 19, 2007

Pot makes lazy

So lazy I chose to make that an incoherent title, fitting of the laziness I'm trying to describe.

But I deserve a break this weekend.

Went out of town to check out a job fair.  Spoke to a few ladies from contracting companies.  The first was shooing people ahead of me away - was going to do the same thing to me until she read my resume.  Plus I'm bilingual - yes, German counts.  Her words, "I have a feeling a recruiter will be contacting you soon."  Maybe she's being fake.  Maybe not.  Maybe she just wants my bolls een herr mouuff.  Who knows?

Interview today with Major Communications Company for a veritable lateral move.  Four dollar an hour raise, sure - but the same bullshit I've been doing since I was 18.  Have to remember I'm only 21.  The interviewer seemed like she was trying to cover something up with pure bitchiness.  Intimidation?  After reading that, maybe she just thinks I'm a cocky asshole.  But I'm good at this job - great at it - and I know it.  And I know how this organization works now that I'm no longer a stupid 18 year old.  I will play it.

Anyway, she was being unnecessarily snippy.  Trying to scare me.  No ma'am - not a chance.  I opened the door for her - she said, "are you all right?"  What...?  Yes.  I'm fine.  Opening the door for you.  Maybe this org. is weird about it's sexual harassment policy. 

Also - if you're gaming and you don't have the stick get the FUCK out of the gamer chair.  At such time as you relinquish the stick to another, so to do you relinquish the cherished Gamer Seat.

Asshole.  You know who you are.

3 comments:

Mike said...

God damn. If holding the door open for people is sexual harassment, then I don't want to be on this planet anymore.

I thought is was just good manners.

Parad0x said...

Tell me about it. At the end of the interview, in her best monotone, she said to me:

"I believe you are a qualified candidate for this position and I would like to move forward in the interview process."

Like ... a robot. That explains EVERYTHING! She's a fembot!

Sara Sue said...

ohhh if she's a fembot, get a shot of her tits for TTF, will ya?