Tuesday, May 29, 2007

People can't fucking drive

So I'm driving back to work from lunch when I get stuck behind train-track-traffic.
 
A train is going through so the road leading up to the train is clogged up - just BEFORE that road is an intersection where I happen to be stuck at a red light.
 
Now imagine this:
 
Train is gone.  Guard rails are up and traffic...  doesn't move.  I get a green light and wait for almost the ENTIRE LIGHT.  Traffic starts moving and I begin crossing the intersection. 
 
Traffic stops.
 
The light turns yellow while I'm in the middle of the road. 
 
Traffic starts going again.
 
I'm halfway across the intersection and TRAFFIC STOPS AGAIN!  To get out of the middle of the intersection (note: half of this intersection is a HIGHWAY - a small section of it, granted, but a highway nonetheless!) I have to pull in to opposing traffic's left-turn lane.  Thank goodness it was empty.
 
So I'm stuck and traffic is STILL not moving.  There's no train, no stop signs or lights ahead...  people just don't want to MOVE.
 
Then the unthinkable happens.
 
Some dude on the highway portion of the intersection HONKS at me.  I snapped.
 
"THANKS FOR THE HONK.  I HAD NO IDEA I WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INTERSECTION IN THE WRONG LANE!"
 
Dip shit.
 
Anyway, none of this is my fault.  I blame it on everyone else.

No comments: