Saturday, December 1, 2007

I have a confession

I critique your MySpace page relentlessly.

I'm the guy who secretly mocks your inability to put coherent sentences together in your "About Me."  I know you can hear me in the back of your head.  I'm that vehement laugh.

I mock your dramatic headlines - "I need sweet surender from this life! [sic]"  I mock your pictures labeled "HoTtIE" - especially when you're NoTtIE.

I chuckle at your "mood updates."  "I want to be your first, your last - your one and only."  "All I'm waiting for is the chance to sweep you off your feet!"  Terrible game.  Terrible.

I am the lurker - the bastard whose opinions you always consider before pressing "Update Profile" - 'Will anyone think I'm dumb for posting this in my profile?"

Yes.  Me.  I do.

There.  I totally feel better.


5 comments:

Mike said...

And I thought MySpace was there just for my entertainment.

Forrest Proper said...

It's good that somebody's out there keeping them in line.

Sara Sue said...

I can't stand to go to myspace anymore ... it's too loud for an old geezer like me.

nicolle said...

as well you should...as well you should. there is so much schlock on that site...there's a reason i prefer facebook.

[nice blog, by the way...i ambled over here from Legal Bachelor's blog.]

Parad0x said...

Mike - so YOU'RE the reason for the "Private Profile" option.

I tend to stand in the sidelines, colonel - I'm all talk, no action. Isn't that what you LIKED about my generation?

Ah, Sara - Myspace layouts are actually improving. Perhaps easier on the eyes now? We've moved from flashing lights to partial nudity. Much better this way.

And Nicolle, I'm glad you found me. Technically that means I found you - and there are few things I enjoy more than reading a good blog.

I'll allow someone else to make sexual innuendo ;)